If you what to choose the best oils for you and your family but have no clue where to begin, here are 10 of the best essential oils you need to have in your medicine kit. You can use these essential oils for blending or mixing with other ingredients in your natural homemade DIY health projects or for treating certain ailments.
These 10 essential oils you need to own will give you a wide range of therapeutic benefits and won’t break your pocket if you buy it all at once.
1. Lavender – best known and most popular essential oil, has calming, aromatic and healing properties to promote the healing of wounds and burns to relieving aches and pains.
2. Roman Chamomile – a great essential oil when you’re feeling down and dumps or stressed out because of its calming and relaxing properties that soothes the soul.
3. Eucalyptus – has a cooling effect on the skin and help treat inflammation and skin conditions. Though, it’s most widely used for easing congestion and coughs.
4. Lemon – has invigorating and refreshing scent that’s capable of making short work of even the most stubborn of odors.
5. Frankincense – aside from its uplifting spiritual applications, this aromatic oils is good for relief from respiratory problems and skin conditions.
6. Tea tree – helps in cleaning out a wound, ease the effects of viral and fungal infections while boosting the immune system.
7. Ylang-ylang – one of the best oils for relieving depression, stress and other emotional conditions. It soothes the nerves, calms the soul and balances the skin.
8. Peppermint – has cooling properties and works well to ease the effects of nausea and headaches.
9. Rosemary – a strong stimulant that will leave you feeling invigorated and alive. It helps relieve from a cough or cold and good for the skin.
10. Vetiver – one of the most relaxing and soothing oil which soothes and ease the effects of numerous skin conditions.
To learn how to blend and blending recipes of these best essential oils to have in your medicine chest, you can check out The Aromatherapy Handbook: Essential Oils Uses and Applications.