If you’ve followed this site for some time, you might have read our post about infusion such as Extraordinary Tutorial to Make a Herbal Infused Oil and How to Make Herb Infused Vinegars. They are simple tutorials and easy to follow if you want to try them at home.
Anyway, infusion is a very simple chemical process used with botanicals that are volatile and dissolve readily, or release their active ingredients easily, in water, oil or alcohol. It is the process of extracting chemical compounds or flavors from plant material. For this post, it was the honey that make as a solvent for lemon, cinnamon, ginger, clove and apple cider vinegar.
According to EverydayRoots, honey is one of nature’s miracles. It is a delicious ingredient in many foods, has antibacterial properties, works as a humectant (keeps things moist), soothes a cough or sore throat, and makes your tea about 1,000 better-and that’s just scratching the surface really.
I’ve found out today that EverydayRoots shares 5 Healing Honey Infusions for a Healthy Life such as:
1. Lemon-Honey – helps treat bad cough or cold.
2. Cinnamon-honey – helps break up congestion and clear the sinuses.
3. Ginger-honey – soothes stomach and chase off “bugs”, helps flush toxin and get rid of aches and chills.
4. Clove-honey – helps treat sore throat or a toothache.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar honey – helps treat upset stomach, sore throats, diabetes, etc.
To see the simple formula for infusing honey and learn tips on using them to get its full benefits, you can check out the link below…