Salad is one of the best super foods to include in your healing foods meal plan. A healthy salad will not only tantalize your taste buds and satisfy your palate, but will also give you nutrients to promote energy and healing.
Detox salad benefits
Eating salads daily after undergoing detox cleansing helps you to continue to gently clean and alkalinize your body, provides essential nutrients to fight toxins, help in healing and strengthening the immune system.
Here’s a sumptuous salad recipe you can try today. I’ve found this at AharmonyHealing blog. The detox salad ingredients include beet, radishes, orange, grapefruit and fennel.
How to Make a Detox Salad with Orange Avocado Dressing Raw Vegan, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free
Makes 2 entrée salads or 4 side salads
1 large beet
6 cups organic mixed baby greens
1 large orange-peeled and cut into segments
1 small grapefruit-peeled and cut into segments
½ fennel bulb-thinly sliced
5 red radishes-thinly sliced
1. Make orange avocado dressing, cover, and refrigerate while you make the salad.
2. Place unpeeled rinsed beet into the top of a steamer basket and place over a pot filled with 2 inches of boiling water. Cover and steam for 15-20 minutes until tender when pricked with a fork.
3. Remove beet from pot, cool slightly, and gently peel off outer skin. Thinly slice beets into ¼-inch rounds and set aside. Beets can stain you fingers but lemon juice and an eco-friendly soap will remove the red pigment from your hands.
4. Clean baby greens with water and spin dry with salad spinner or gently pat dry with paper towels.
5. Place baby greens on serving plates and top with sliced beets, orange segments, grapefruit segments, fennel slices, and radish slices. Drizzle with orange avocado dressing and enjoy immediately.
Read Shelley Alexander’s full article to find out more ideas on making healthy salad and learn more of its health benefits.
To get into the post, simply click the link below…