LIKE AMAZING HERBS & OILS on FACEBOOK or FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST HERE to be updated every time we find a fantastic tutorial for exciting and innovative ways you can use herbs and essential oils for your health, beauty, cooking, home chores and natural remedies.
Before we deal on cucumber splash recipe, let’s talk the basic information of cucumber and its amazing health benefits.
Cucumber is a very edible fruit which comes from the cucumber plant cucumis sativus, which is part of the gourd family. It is being used for different purpose as it can be eaten raw or cooked. With so many health benefits it becomes one of the most important parts of food diet as well as skin diet.
Cucumber is the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and known to be one of the best foods for your body’s overall health, often referred to as a superfood. Although cucumber is a fruit, we eat it as vegetable.
Cucumber can claim to be a water body as it has more than 90% water. It is known to be a cooling agent due to the water in it.
Here are 10 Amazing Benefits of cucumbers:
1. Good source of B vitamins
2. Rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins
3. Skin and hair care
4. Fight cancers
5. Home care
6. Relieves bad breath
7. Hangover cure
8. Aids in weight loss and digestion
9. Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure
10. Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain
Making Soothing Cucumber Splash
To make this soothing cucumber splash, you need to prepare:
• 1 medium cucumber, chopped
• 1⁄4 cup witch hazel extract
• 1⁄4 cup distilled water
• 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1. In a blender, process cucumber into a smooth puree and strain.
2. Mix cucumber juice with remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into clean spray bottle.
3. To use: Spray onto clean skin after bathing or whenever your skin could use a boost. It can spoil easily, so store in refrigerator between uses.
To find out more about this recipe, check the link below…