Carrot is an effective, powerful natural treatment to ease diarrhea. This second popular type of vegetable after potatoes is rich in pectin which constitute a good remedy to combat diarrhea.
Every time we experience loose bowel movement (LBM), we look for carrots. We make it sure that we have carrots in the fridge at all times not only for added value on the foods we cook but also to use for any occurring digestive problem .
What we do with the carrots? I’ll share it with you. Here it is…
· Wash 2 pieces of carrots thoroughly
· Chop the carrots in your desired sizes and boil them in 6 glasses of water.
· After boiling for 5 minutes, keep it warm for 10 minutes.
· Then drink the water, 1 to 2 glasses every 3 hours for adults. For children, use a lesser dosage. Note: This is not advisable for pregnant. Get advice from a doctor.
· Eat the boiled-chopped carrots.
Every time we use carrot tops to treat diarrhea, we experienced positive effect within a day. The water and the boiled-chopped carrots supplies the necessary fluid to fight against dehydration. It help rebuilds the required sodium, potassium, calcium, sulphur, and magnesium needed by the body. It is also a good source of pectin and helps to coat the intestines to prevent inflammation and ultimately stop the growth of harmful bacteria and prevents vomiting.
We ate boiled-chopped carrots because they are still useful. It is an easy to digest food and still have some protein and several vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and minerals like potassium, phosphorus and magnesium needed by the body.
That’s it folks. I hope this little piece will help you now or in the future in treating diarrhea at home, naturally and fast without resorting to commercial medication.
Photo Credit: Care2.com Green Living